Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: My rant for today ;)

  1. #1
    Dryzabone
    Guest Dryzabone's Avatar

    Wink

    reposted after those encouraging words from Kat.....Thanks so much!

    Ok despite not receiving the email announcing the listening parties (my emails from them regularly seem to bounce) I thought it was an interesting and good idea and I felt thrilled for those that could attend!
    Today after reading threads around I am left feeling sad about the whole thing..am I alone? Talk about the presence of security, to protect fans from *others* and to stop recording devices being brought in (what are they going to do strip search everyone attending?). Why did something good take this kind of u-turn or am I just over-reacting. Kind of reminds me of my visit to Kmart on Saturday with Kristy. As the store is new there were no scanners when you leave (without purchasing) so the woman on the door very arrogantly informed us she HAD to search our handbags, why, did we look like criminals?
    I am feeling very uninspired about the whole DH 'business' atm and will breathe a sigh of relief when the album finally appears!

    I hope the listening parties go ahead and those who attend have a good time! I also hope any security ppl employed are bored out of their brains from lack of work for them to do.


    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ March 09, 2004 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Dryzabone ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Barb I have no idea how the minds of these people work.

    fans need protecting?? WTF!!! bluddy heck its just ludicrious.

    I think the listening parties are a great idea and its great to see DH moving with the times. But I think organisational wise the whole thing will come down in a screaming heap of never happening lol

    Kat

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol Barb why you edit?? If you feel like saying something you can say it!!!

    I dont know why but god the whole DH fanbase thingy just sets my teeth on edge.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no need to edit you can make it may topic now LOL

    I hope the listening parties go well and that all fans are satisfied.

    Im sure there will be some kicking and screaming.

    for the record I still detest street teams (not yours laurie) lol


    Kat

  5. #5
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Actually I'm not surprised there will be security at these venues because I bet a pound to a penny that afterwards some illegal copy will turn up on Ebay. I am just being realistic here but it is sad that there are some people who will go to any lengths to record this and possibly try to profit from it as a result. It happens all the time these days [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  6. #6
    Dryzabone
    Guest Dryzabone's Avatar

    Post

    I guess you're right Janie, sadly [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Still it was bl**dy wretched DH fans that stole Kristy's bag full of medication from the TCFC concert, so they're not all good now are they [img]mad.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Dryzabone:
    I guess you're right Janie, sadly [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Still it was bl**dy wretched DH fans that stole Kristy's bag full of medication from the TCFC concert, so they're not all good now are they [img]mad.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately not Barb [img]frown.gif[/img] It's very sad that they can't trust all fans because of a few bad apples.

    Janie xx

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    Actually I'm not surprised there will be security at these venues because I bet a pound to a penny that afterwards some illegal copy will turn up on Ebay. I am just being realistic here but it is sad that there are some people who will go to any lengths to record this and possibly try to profit from it as a result. It happens all the time these days [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know they need security for these reasons.. control the masses etc and the way some DH fans behave these days they seriousely need some control. Though it kinda makes it all so formal I guess. I guess im not for profiterring on ebay from it.. but *coughs* if someone had a link from some page beyond in the wilderness of the web Icannot deny I would be there having a listen. I have been a sinner in the past and I would be again. I still buy the albums.. but im a desperate kind of music girl.

    and Barb no worries always good to speak your mind if your feeling like that even if its in the moment.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's only one person I can think of that takes recording devices into concerts.

    Michelle

    xx

  10. #10
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Juliet10:
    There's only one person I can think of that takes recording devices into concerts.

    Michelle

    xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooh! And who might that be? *is intrigued* [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

    As for these listening parties, they're deffo NOT my cup of tea. There's a very good chance that there'll be too many squealers in attendance for my liking. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •